Do you often have a Signage and Wayfinding Emergency?
Signage and Wayfinding Partners are often approached by new and existing clients with signage emergencies. These are typically associated with a lack of early planning for signage and wayfinding elements, tied to construction and renovation projects. Signage and Wayfinding are often the last items on a project check list. While an effective signage and wayfinding program can be difficult to plan and painful to review, it is required to be in place before a new space can be occupied and will greatly impact the users of your new space and their perception of your brand.
How to avoid those Signage and Wayfinding Emergencies
In order to avoid those signage emergencies, partners encourage clients to engage in a signage and wayfinding program early in their planning process. An effective partner integrates with the project team and provides coordination for any project items that will be impacted. By development and implementation of an effective signage and wayfinding partner can:
- Provide accurate initial and ongoing budgets
- Research local codes related to interior and exterior signage
- Assess permitting process and timing
- Provide initial guidance for exterior signage placement that may require power or additional structural support
- Best understand construction and implementation schedules and possible phasing needs
- Ensure integration with interiors, artwork and landscaping
- Avoid installation conflicts associated with construction changes
- Collaborative and support the development of logical room numbering, terminology and wayfinding
- Coordinate and support conceptual donor recognition plan development increasing donor engagement
Most importantly, an effective signage and wayfinding partner is held accountable for the entire development and implementation process. With an effective partner all points of contact, responsibility, and communication are streamlined and the number of errors and assumptions are greatly decreased.
By starting early, Innerface is able to dedicate the time and effort needed to make your project a success and improve the user experience in your new space. For more information on how INNERFACE experiential graphic design team and our local project managers can partner early on your projects and help you deliver a seamless signage and wayfinding process.